Frozen Locks in Freshness
We're professional food snobs. Yet we get excited about our fabulous, vast frozen department, and it's ability to make life better. Frozen spinach and corn are cooking staples, ready to go whenever you need 'em. Frozen desserts are summertime necessities. You can shell out big bucks on out-of-season berries, or score on quality and value with the frozen option. Frozen fruits, veggies, and even seafood, are flash-frozen at the very peak of their ripeness. That means that when you defrost them, they're exactly as they're meant to be, in their ideal, ultimate state of delicious perfection.
Guy Chandonnet, Fairway's Director of Frozen Foods, loves his job. "I get to discover so many new and unique products. There are great new products and innovations every day." Guy has many years in the grocery business on his resume: he's headed up bakeries, purchased wine, worked as an organics buyer, and more. Now he's passionate about spreading the word that "frozen food can make your life easier; it can be very healthy for you and your family." From gorgeous, local macrons, to small-batch ice cream made by a family in the Midwest, to flash-frozen fruits and veggies, Guy has stocked the freezers of your Fairway with truly special, high quality finds.
Fairway's Frozen Shrimp Set the Bar Sky High
We are proud to bring you the most sweet and succulent shrimps, hands down. Our shrimps are rated 4 stars by the Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) guidelines. (These cover everything from environmental and social responsibility issues to animal welfare to QUALITY AND SAFETY.) No added chemicals; no soak. Just pure shrimp goodness.
Brrrr. Frozen Food Saves the Day!Here's a few of endless potential frozen-food-to-the-rescue scenarios:
- You want a healthy breakfast on the go--blend up a smoothie with frozen wild Maine blueberries, or mangos, or sweet-as-candy pineapple.
- You're having a bad day. A pint of vanilla ice cream makes everything better.
- You're on a health kick but attacked by a fit of the munchies. Heat up some frozen edamame and you're in business.
- You're cooking up a big, beautiful soup. Frozen peas, or broccoli, round out your recipe with fresh, vivid flavors.
- Company's coming and you've had no time to muss and fuss. Time to unleash the frozen pot stickers. We won't tell.
- Well hello there, midnight snack attack. We're so prepared for you. One word: burritos. Runners up: frozen pizza, bagel bites, spanakopita
- Kids hate your lovely dinner? Fish sticks to the rescue.
- Serve sweet, juicy Gulf shrimp even when they're not in season.
- The list goes on, and on, and on…
Frozen supplies are a must for any well-stocked, food emergency-proof kitchen. At Fairway, we're committed to bringing you the very best, tastiest, highest quality, great priced frozen foods. We're good like that.