Salade aux Lardons
- 5 mins
- 15 mins
- 20 mins
- 1 large head frisée, torn into pieces
- 4 slices pancetta or thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/4-inch-thick ribbons
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 lb French green beans
- 1/4 cup Fairway Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Fairway Organic Eggs
- Fairway Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1Poach eggs: bring a pot of water to a gentle simmer. Crack the eggs one at a time into a small bowl, then slip them into the water quickly and smoothly. Cook about 4 minutes, or until the whites are set.
- 2While the eggs are poaching, fry the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the shallots and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat, add the red wine vinegar, and mix to combine.
- 3Toss and coat the frisée in the lardon dressing. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Distribute into four bowls, and top each salad with a poached egg. Finish with an extra grind of black pepper.