Scallops with Herb Sauce
- 15 mins
- 25 mins
- 40 mins
- 32 sea scallops
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 6 rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1/2 bunch chervil leaves, chopped
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 4 sprigs flat parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp clarified butter (recipe below)
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tbsp cold butter
- Fairway Sea Salt
- Fairway Tellicherry Pepper
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) of butter yields 6 tbsp of clarified butter
- 1With Scallops with Herb Sauce:
- 2Add the shallot, rosemary, chervil, tarragon, and parsley to a bowl; blend and set aside.
- 3Heat 1 tbsp clarified butter in a non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- 4Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- 5Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- 6Dredge the scallops in the seasoned flour and shake off any excess.
- 7Place the scallops in the hot pan and continue to cook over medium heat.
- 8Let the scallops sit for 3 to 4 minutes to caramelize, then turn them over and let them sit for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- 9When the scallops are done, remove them from the pan.
- 10Turn off the heat, discard the leftover clarified butter from the pan, and add the cold butter and fresh herb and shallot mixture to the warm pan.
- 11Swirl the pan so the butter melts.
- 12Add sea salt to taste.
- 13Drizzle the sauce over the plated scallops.
- 14With Clarified Butter:
- 15In a saucepan, melt the butter slowly.
- 16Let it sit for a bit to separate.
- 17Skim off the foam that rises to the top
- 18Gently pour the clarified butter off the milk solids that have settled to the bottom.