Wild Mushroom Crostini
- 10 mins
- 20 mins
- 30 mins
- 3 lbs of assorted mushrooms
- 14 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Fairway Pullman loaf or whole wheat bread
- Fairway Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fairway kosher salt
- Fairway black pepper
- 1Brush mushrooms clean with either a towel or a vegetable brush. (If you prefer to wash them, do so quickly under cold water, so they don’t absorb too much water, then dry them thoroughly.) Trim the mushrooms well, and cut them into halves or quarters depending on their size. Heat 8 tbsp of Fairway Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a hot, heavy pan.
- 2Add the mushrooms to the pan with the garlic (set a few aside for the grilled bread) and the thyme.
Season with salt and pepper, and sauté the mushrooms for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they are slightly soft. Then them remove from the heat, and set aside.
- 3Cut the bread into halved slices or into 4-inch squares, brush each piece with a little olive oil, and grill separately in a grill pan while the mushrooms are cooking.
- 4When the bread is done, rub each slice with fresh garlic. Arrange the slices in the center of a warm plate, and cover them with the hot mushroom mixture, garlic cloves, and thyme. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt on each slide.