Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer, $21.99
Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer
Small/Medium room size(1)
(1) Test data based on measurement in accordance with American National Standards Institute HU-1-2006 for homes of average insulation.
18-24 hours of operation(2)
(2) Run-time will vary and is dependent on speed setting, room size and room humidity levels.
Vapor Therapy for Healthful Living
Water is one nutrient that all forms of life must have to survive. All functions of your body require sufficient moisture to work properly. When your body does not have sufficient moisture, it functions poorly. Dry, arid climatic conditions are usually the culprit. Colds and flu can further cause dehydration.
Colds and flu begin making their seasonal rounds during fall and winter. Part of the reason for increased respiratory illnesses during this time is because the humidity level in the air reaches its yearly lows. Central heating units in homes and offices further remove moisture from the air. The relative humidity may drop to as low as 10% - drier than the air in the Sahara Desert. Most people experience problems when the relative humidity drops below 25%. A comfortable everyday humidity level should be between 40-60%.
When you or your child are experiencing congestion, then the humidity should be kept much higher, 70-80% during these periods for best effect.
Humidifiers help prevent this excessive dryness, providing these benefits:
• Helps relieve cold, flu and hay fever symptoms.
• Helps relieve dry, irritated and itching skin and eyes.
• Helps relieve coughs and dry, scratchy throat.
• Helps you breathe better and sleep more comfortably.
• Stops dryout damage to plants, paintings and furniture.
• Saves you money on your heating bills, since proper humidity lets you feel more comfortable at lower temperatures.
How it Works
The Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer with protective Steam Guard™ design provides maximum performance and reliability. The vaporizer boils the water and produces vapor which is released into the room. Steam vapor helps temporarily relieve cough and congestion. The vaporizer will automatically shut-off when the water reaches minimum level.
1. Dry room air is drawn into the vaporizer.
2. The vaporizer boils the water and produces a pure steam vapor.
3. The pure steam vapor is quietly released into the air.
4. Medicine cup is for liquid inhalants. VapoSteam® can be added to the water in the tank.
5. Dual scent pad slots for Vicks VapoPads®.
6. Durable housing includes triple wall insulation to keep tank water at a safe temperature.
7. Easy fill water level mark.
8. Vaporizer cap features molded finger grips and a large nightlight to locate vaporizer in a dark room.
9. Protective steam guard design lowers the outlet steam temperature by 20%.
10. Automatic shut-off when the water reaches minimum level.