Skip to main content
Veal Milanese & Arugula Salad
- 2 5-oz pieces Veal cutlets pounded thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 ea. eggs
- 1 cup Fairway seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 10 oz Baby Arugula
- 2 ea. Kumato tomatoes cut in quarters
- 1 ea. small lemon cut in half
- 2 tbsp Fairway extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt (to taste)
- 1Pre-heat a medium frying pan to medium high.
- 2 After veal is pounded thin, dredge each cutlet in flour salt and pepper.
- 3Whisk eggs, then add 2 tbsp water to the eggs. Dip floured veal into egg wash.
- 4Take the veal from the eggs and dredge in seasoned breadcrumbs. Add olive oil to the heated pan.
- 5When olive oil is hot, fry the veal for about 3 minutes on each side or until it is crisp golden brown. Remove veal from the pan and set aside.
- 6Place arugula in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle in olive oil, add in the cut tomatoes and squeeze lemon juice in.
- 7Toss together and season with sea salt. Place salad on two plates and add one veal cutlet to each salad.