Skip to main content
Carrots With Spicy Olive-Lemon Oil
- 3 lbs carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces, and halved (cut lengthwise if thick)
- 1/4 cup Fairway Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pitted Gaeta olives, halved
- 1/2 tsp Fairway Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fairway Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fairway Gata Hurdes Olive Oil for drizzling
- 1Steam the carrots in a steamer basket in a large saucepan until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, warm the oil, lemon, olives, and crushed red pepper over medium-high heat until the lemon is softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Add the carrots, lemon juice, parsley, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper and toss gently to combine.