Skip to main content
Loaded Black Bean Nachos
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- kosher salt, freshly ground
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 12 ounces tortilla chips (blue corn/restaurant style mix)
- 1 cup Fairway pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Fairway shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a medium-sized skillet, heat vegetable oil to medium-high heat.
- 2Add the chopped onions, garlic and jalapeño to the heated pan and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, then pour into a food processor, then add the drained black beans, lime juice, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, then set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange half of the chips on a 9½ by 13in foil lined, rimmed baking sheet.
- 5Top with half of beans and half of each cheese. Repeat layers with remaining chips, beans and cheese.
- 6Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Top with salsa, guacamole and the sliced jalapeño.